The PC refurbishment and donation process
Developed by Corporations For Community Connections, has been proven to be easily adopted by organizations with:
- a substantial quantity (>100) PCs, of the same model, being discarded each year.
- their own imaging capability
- 20 to 30 volunteers willing to offer 8-16 hours per year (30 volunteers can refurbish 130 PCs in 8 hours)
The benefits of becoming a contributor include:
- The reduction in corporate taxes may exceed the value derived from other means of disposal.
- The process is environmentally responsible due to the extension to the useful life of the PCs
- The process is an excellent corporate citizenship initiative, developing the work force and developing markets
Steps to Becoming a Contributor:
- Contact CFCC
- Tell us about your organization
- Participate in a CFCC workshop
- Adopt the process